- The competition is an elimination style tournament where all participants compete in the opening round. Winners of the opening round advance to the finals.
- During the first round all competitors call on the same fictional organization and sell the same product. The judge is the buyer.
- Top scoring performers move on to the Finals.
- For the finals round there will be multiple judges observing the salesperson and the buyer via simulcast.
- The final scenario will not be shared till just prior to the round.
- Contestants are allocated 10 minutes to complete the sales call. Sales skills exhibited by competitors are the primary areas evaluated. There will be a 5-minute break between each round.
- Individual competitors are eligible for awards. No team awards will be given during this pilot year.
- Contestants are evaluated based on the judging criteria.
- Winners will be announced at the Student Orientation that evening.
- You will be making a sales call to a fictional prospect.
- You will be evaluated on the sales skills you exhibit, including your ability to get a commitment for scheduling a follow-up meeting (finals round.)
- You will have 10 minutes to complete the sales call. Calls will be timed.
- Time begins when the door is opened to the room in which the role play will take place.
- Your role will be evaluated and scored by GROWMARK Representatives.
- Role plays will be evaluated and scored on various aspects of the sales call, including overall approach, identification of needs, presentation of solutions, resolving concerns, and gaining commitment; other aspects will also be evaluated, including general communication skills, enthusiasm, and confidence.
- You must check in at the NAMA registration desk fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not check in prior to your appointment time, your appointment will be cancelled.
- Any questions? Contact Debbie Brummel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Good luck!